HENDERSON COUNTY – STATE OF EMERGENCY DECLARATION
EFFECTIVE: DECEMBER 6, 2013 at 6:00 PM
WHEREAS, On Friday December 6, 2013 a Winter Storm Emergency occurred in Henderson County, Kentucky; and
WHEREAS, Life threatening conditions are present and
WHEREAS, This situation creates a considerable hardship for the citizens of Henderson County; and
WHEREAS, The local government has the responsibility to protect the public health, safety and welfare, and to mitigate the effects of such events
NOW, THEREFORE, I Donald Hugh McCormick, Henderson County Judge Executive, by the authority vested in me by KRS 39a.100(2), do hereby declare that a State of Emergency exists in Henderson County until rescinded and direct that:
1. All unnecessary travel on highways shall be avoided
2. The local Emergency Operations Plan shall be fully executed;
3. All County Government Offices will be closed;
4. The Henderson County Emergency Management Director shall direct the DES Organization to provide such assistance as can be delivered from av…ailable local resources and shall coordinate all agencies of local government to provide assistance to Henderson City and Henderson County.
5. All agencies of Henderson County shall cooperate to the fullest extent with Emergency Services and shall provide such assistance as may be required for response to this emergency;
6. Under this State of Emergency, as provided in KRS 39A. 100(2) and 45A.380(1)(7) the County Judge Executive can waive procedures and formalities otherwise required by the law pertaining to: a) performance of public work, b) entering into contracts, c) incurring obligations, d) employment of permanent and temporary workers, e) utilization of volunteer workers, f) rental of equipment, g) appropriation and expenditure of public funds.
Signed: Donald Hugh McCormick, County Judge Executive, Henderson County, Kentucky, December 6, 2013
Leave a Reply