Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD)
VOAD is the forum where organizations share knowledge and resources throughout the disaster cycle – preparation, response, and recovery – to help disaster survivors and their communities. VOAD members form a coalition of nonprofit organizations that respond as a part of their overall mission.
The mission of the Henderson County VOAD is to bring together voluntary organizations to assist the residents of Henderson County in the event of a disaster, to coordinate service delivery planning, and reduce duplication of services to people affected by disaster.
HC VOAD supports the values of the National VOAD movement: Cooperation, Communication, Coordination, and Collaboration.
HC VOAD purpose is to:
- Create a climate for cooperation at all levels
- Coordinate policies and actions among member organizations
- Disseminate information through regular meetings
- Evaluate disaster responses and recommend improvements in coordinated response
- Provide training in disaster preparedness for member organizations
- Support the mitigation efforts of federal, state, and local government agencies
- Convene regularly scheduled meetings as well as necessary additional meetings during times of disaster.
- Convene focused committees and/or task force meetings as needed to address specific issues determined by member organizations.
- Encourage organizations and agencies providing disaster relief to become a member organization and attending meetings
HC VOAD will assume responsibility for convening organizations committed to working together in disaster response on a year-round basis.
HC VOAD has no role in providing direct services to victims of disaster. All such services are provided by and fall under the auspices of member organizations.
Next General Meeting
Organizations Involved in HC VOAD
- Henderson County Office of Emergency Management
- American Red Cross – Cardinal Chapter
- Henderson County Amateur Radio Services
- The Salvation Army
- Community Baptist Church
- Chapel Hill United Methodist Church
- First United Methodist Church
- United Way of Henderson (211)
Other Sites of Interest
- National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- National Weather Service— Paducah, KY