With the imminent severe weather upon us this time of year, including today, Friday, March 31, 2023, we know this can bring damage to personal property. Henderson Emergency Management does damage surveys and assessments, but we can’t cover every street in the county in a timely manner so here is how you can help us to help you.
- Report your damages to us directly by going to our website at www.hendersonema.org
- Hover over RESOURCES and click on SELF REPORTING
- FILL IN ALL THE FIELDS, DO NOT LEAVE ANY BLANK
- Upload photos that will show and tell your damages
- Fill in the following questions
- Click on SUBMIT REQUEST and we will receive this information
Call 911 to report downed trees across the roadways and downed powerlines. DO NOT GET NEAR A POWER LINE, ONE TOUCH CAN KILL. This information will help first responders in their efforts to respond to emergencies in your area by knowing where they have to get crews to clear roadways.
Remember, where there are flooded roads… TURN AROUND DON’T DROWN
Via FEMA, it is a good idea to take photos and/or a walk-through video of the inside and outside of your home before and after a weather event so you can show and tell your insurance company about any property/structural damage. Remember, a picture is worth a thousand words. Call your insurance company asap as they will need these before the cleanup process begins.