CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING
Carbon monoxide poisoning is a silent, deadly killer claiming about 1,000 lives each year in the United States. Such common items as automotive exhaust, home heating systems and obstructed chimneys can produce the colorless, odorless gas.
The gas can also be produced by poorly vented generators, kerosene heaters, gas grills and other items used for cooking and heating when used improperly during the winter months.
1. NEVER run generators indoors. Open a window slightly when using a kerosene heater.
2. NEVER use charcoal to cook indoors.
3. NEVER use a gas oven to heat your home.
Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include sleepiness, headaches and dizziness.
If you suspect carbon monoxide poisoning, ventilate the area and get to a hospital.
Leave a Reply